Our company is known as one of the leading manufacturers and suppliers of heavy-duty Horizontal Filter Press that can be used in small to large-scale industries to filter various types of liquid-based substances with high-purity. It is designed by our skilled engineers using heavy-duty engineering materials and sturdy pump that give high rigidity and flow efficiency. The offered filtering unit can be used in industries which include food, pharmaceutical, chemical, oil procesing, and other to remove solid impurities from liquid-based substances. The steel body of Horizontal Filter Press imparts high tensile strength with excellent corrosion resistance. The whole unit is mounted on rigid frame fixed with caster wheels making it easier to move it within the industrial facilities. Buy from us this industrial-grade Filter Press as per your requirements at a reasnabl price.
Features of Horizontal Filter Press :
- Compact design with high robustness.
- Low power consumption.
- Less service requirement.
- Suitable for various types of industrial facilities.
- Compatible with corrosive as well as non-corrosive liquids.
- Capability to function for longer periods without risk of damage.
- Portable design, making it easier for a single user to move this machine.
Operation : Horizontal Filter Press
- The unfiltered liquid is fed into the filter under positive pressure, where liquid travels in downwards direction and finds its way through opening on sides of the Filter Plates.
- As the liquid pressure increases, the Filter media holds the foreign particles and allows only clear filtrate to pass through the central channel formed by interlocking pressure cups to the outlet.
- Filtration is continued until the cake holding capacity of the unit is reached or until the filtrate rate becomes too slow owing to cake resistance.
FAQs: Horizontal Filter Press
How does a Horizontal Filter Press work?
A horizontal Filter Press is a high-performance solid-liquid separation equipment commonly used in industrial settings. This machine functions by following steps:
- Filling: The solid suspended liquid and slurries that need to be filtered, and pumped into the machine via inlet port.
- Filtration: When the filtering chamber is filled, the pump gets actuated to deliver pressure force which in turn forcefully moves the liquid through filter plates.
- Solid Capture: As the liquid passed through the filters the unwanted solid impurities present within the slurries are trapped on the filtering cloth allowing only liquid to pass, which is then discharged via the outlet valve.
- Cake Removal: When the filter cake has reached its maximum capacity, the filter press is opened to easily remove solid impurities.
What are the advantages of using a Horizontal Filter Press?
Given below are the main advantages of the Horizontal Filter Press:
- Faster filtering rate making it capable to process large volumes of liquid products.
- Improved cake washing as it is easier to deliver washing liquid with high uniformity.
- Increased overall productivity.
- Low risk of damage due to wear and tear as there are fewer moving components.
- Safe operation with better control over the machine.
- Compatible with viscous and oily substances.
What types of industries use Horizontal Filter Presses?
There are many different industries where we can use Horizontal Filter Press. Some of the most common ones are mineral processing, food & beverage, chemical plants, waste-water treatment, clay processing, oil & gas, paint manufacturing, steel making, and many more.
How do I determine the appropriate size and capacity of a Horizontal Filter Press for my needs?
It is very important to determine the right size and capacity of filter press for your needs to maintain high productivity as well as to ensure streamlined process. Some of the common points that help you select the right-sized filter are:
- Determine nature of materials you are going to work with.
- The daily output requirement of your industry.
- Floor space availablein your facility to set up filter press.
- Determine chamber volume, this mainly depends on filtration area and cake thickness.
- Future expansion and integration with existing units in your industry.
What is the cleaning procedure for a Horizontal Filter Press?
Efficient cleaning of the Horizontal Filter Press is essential to keep it in its optimal condition as well as to maintain high filtering efficiency. Given below are series of steps that need to be followed for efficient cleaning of the filter press:
- Unplug the machine and wear personal protection gear.
- Close feed and discharge valves.
- Safely remove filter plates and filter sheets.
- Use abrasion-free scrub to perform scrubbing on filtering media.
- Rinse it with a water jet to remove loosened impurities.
- Inspect the components to check for impurities and damages.
- Reassemble the components as they were.
- After cleaning, perform a test run to ensure efficient and safe functioning.